Keylor Navas vows to displace Iker Casillas as Real's first choice

Babalola Tomiwa

Keylor Navas has vowed that displacing Iker Casillas as Real Madrid's first-choice goalkeeper is his major task at the moment.

The 28-year old shot stopper joined the European champions from Levante during the summer of  the 2014-15 league season, but he has since been at the mercy of the head coach, Carlo Ancelotti who still sees Casillas as first choice despite his inconsistent form.

The Costa Rica goalkeeper said he will be determined to succeed at the Santiago Bernabeu and will continue to give his all to become the club's No.1.

"I'm not somebody who just accepts his situation. I don't give up easily," Navas was quoted as saying by AS.

"I know the situation might not be what I wanted, but it's here that I need to bring out the best in myself, be stronger and commit myself completely like I have done up to now.

"It's not the first time I've been in this situation. I'm very relaxed, although it's true I want more.

"I know the path to follow to achieve results and I try to learn. I think that for me it's a privilege to be at Real Madrid and I try to show every day why they brought me to the club."

Navas has made eight appearances in all competitions for Madrid so far, keeping three clean sheets. goal
Keylor Navas vows to displace Iker Casillas as Real's first choice Keylor Navas vows to displace Iker Casillas as Real's first choice Reviewed by Unknown on 13:04:00 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. The fear of Iker 1 is d beginning of wisdom in Madrid. Keep ur ambition to urself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fear of Iker 1 is d beginning of wisdom in Madrid. Keep ur ambition to urself.

    ReplyDelete